The registration fee of Rs 1,500/-, (early bird till 7th August, 2023) for Sunday , Nov 5th would only partly take care of the overall expenses. The total expenses on the get together program would be in the range of INR 18 to 25 lacs** which would be partly covered through registration fee, sponsorships and voluntary contributions. This estimate does not take into account the proposed solar system.
We plan to have a wonderful celebration event on Sunday 5th Nov 2023 in the School where we will also enjoy a great meal in the company of current students, teachers and parents apart from connecting emotionally with the place and friends during our formative years.
Many awards and souvenirs will be given to retired teachers, retired staff and parents. We also plan to install a state-of-the-art clock tower at the school entrance.
Funds (CSR) permitting, a 50 - 100 KW solar system is planned. The solar system fund requirement will be in the range of 40 lacs to 65 lacs depending on the KW capacity, quality of the solar panels etc.
Media coverage of the event will help highlight the achievements of ex-students of GMS which will also help the School to be the preferred choice for admissions.
We rely on the support of our contributors through fundraising activities, to run and continue to improve the program. There is a lot of time and money that is required to create goes into creating a good program. To pay your voluntary contribution, please pay online through the below link.
** Three major expense heads would be:
1. Clock Tower
2. Lunch hosted by Alumnus
3. gifts/ souvenirs to parents, retired teachers, staff and other invitees.
Jaspal Singh Bindra
|04-NovSaturday||Second half||Free time/ Visit Town/ School|
|6.30 PM onwards||GMS Alumni Dinner in Cochrene Place Hotel, Kurseong. Brothers will be attending. (Limited capacity hall)||Cochrene Place|
|05-NovSunday||10:00 AM||Welcome address by Br. Miles, Principal GMS, President - GMS Alumni, Secretary - GMS Alumni||Auditorium|
|10.30 - 11.30 AM||Tour of School||GMS|
|11.30 - 11.45 AM||Inauguration of the clock tower (Courtsey GMS Alumni)||School Garden|
|11.45 - 12.15 PM||Alumni interaction with Brothers||Main Building|
|11.45 - 1.15 PM||Lunch (hosteded by GMS Alumni) for all present + interaction||Dining Hall|
|1.30 - 1.35 PM||Remembering parents, alumni, brothers, teachers, staff who are no more with us||Auditorium|
|1.35 - 1.45 PM||Honoring of parents of Alumni - (by GMS Alumni)||Auditorium|
|1.45 - 1.55 PM||Honouring of retired teachers and staff of GMS - (by GMS Alumni)||Auditorium|
|1.55 - 2.00 PM||Honouring of Covid Warriors (by GMS Alumni)||Auditorium|
|2.00 - 2.45 PM||Talk by Alumni who have excelled in their respective fields (GMS Alumni)||Auditorium|
|2.45 - 3.45 PM||Panel questions and answers by students, staff, alumni (GMS Alumni)||Auditorium|
|3.45 - 4.30 PM||Tea + water + coockies/ biscuits (by GMS Alumni)||Auditorium|
|4.30 - 5.30 PM||Free time/ Match ex-student/ walk||Fields|
|5.30 - 8.00 PM||Musical band (tentative, by GMS Alumni) + Bonfire, Games, Dance etc. (By School)||3rd Field|
|7.00 - 8.00 PM||Dinner hosted by School||Dining Hall|
|06-NovMonday||10.00 - 10.30 AM||In front of Assembly, teachers & staff to be honoured by giving the mementoes||GMS, 4th field|
|10.30 - 11.30 AM||Students in classes will be given the mementoes||Classrooms|
|10.30 - 12.00 PM||Interactive session/ taking class (one period)||Classrooms|
1. Every Alumni attending the program is requested to bring the family. This registration is only for the program of 5th November, 2023 in School.
2. No alcoholic drinks allowed in School premises.
3. No smoking allowed in School premises.
4. Only Alumni who have registered for the program, may be allowed to enter GMS on 5th November, 2023
5. Early registration of Alumni attending the program is requested. Online registration will be allowed only till 3rd November, 2023.
6. All must leave the School by 8 pm
1. This registration fee is only for the Sunday, 5th November, 2023 program in Goethals Memorial School, Kurseong.
2. All payments made for registration, Back to School 2023, is non refundable and non transferable.
3. The above charges are primarily to cover the cost of lunch to be hosted for alumni + family, students, teachers, staff etc.
4. Please note that we want to discourage last minute registration. Anyone registering after 15th October 2023, souvenir/ gifts are subject to availability.
5. Please use your registered email id.
6. * is mandatory